Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby Shower for Katie


  




"I want to host the baby shower!!!"  
 

Needless to say, I put a lot of research and planning into this shower.  It was a lot of fun to put together and even more fun to share with Katie and her friends.


Another friend of ours hosted the shower at her place and took care of the decorations, set-up and party music (and the cleaning! Thank God!).  I took care of the menu.  I basically took all of my favorite party dishes from my favorite blogs and tried them out.  But I can't take full credit...I had three sous chefs chopping and slicing and....cutting out little S's and carefully stringing sewing ribbon through them :)  

As one friend said sarcastically "You, ambitious?  Nothing about this is ambitious."  It was a bit much to take on...but we didn't just pull it off...we did it well! 


My favorite (hosting-related) moment was when Girl A said to Girl B (who is also pregnant) "We were going to host a shower for you, but now I don't think we can.  The bar has been set waaay too high."  :)  And that was BEFORE the cupcakes and cookies came out!

Le Theme
Of course I had to have theme...or more so a concept...for the food.  I wanted to make it all delicate and girly - kind of like a high tea party - but we aren't Brits.  All of the food was designed (thought of, made, crafted...) to be eaten in no more than three bites, able to be held with 2 or three fingers, and, if you wanted, you could put that little pinky in the air.














Le Menu
Peach & Strawberry Mimosas
Tea Sandwiches -
      Vidalia Onion (surprisingly delicious);
      Arugula and Avocado;
      Smoked Salmon on Rye; and
      Chicken Curry.
Caramelized Onion Tartlettes
Mushroom & Rosemary Galettes
Cucumber and Cream Cheese Rounds
French Bread Crudite
Strawberries, Balsamic and Powdered Sugar
Strawberries, Cream and Brown Sugar
Blueberry Scones with Lemon Curd
"S" Tea Bag Cookies
Classic Vanilla cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Katie's favorite)
Pineapple cupcakes with Green Tea Frosting (the experiment)
Champagne Cupcakes (the crowd favorite)



No comments:

Post a Comment