Friday, May 20, 2011

Amazing Books I Should Own

In spite of my dislike for the low quality of subject of the amazing photos on foodgawker.com, they have led me to some interesting food blogs which have led me to some interesting foodie books on Amazon, which have led me to more interesting books!  One of which is Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, with Recipes by Jennifer McLagan.


First, I love this book because it is just enough of the food science to validate the author's points.  (By food science, I'm referring to her description of butter, not to the references to specific vitamins and proteins which, agreeing with Michael Polan, I do not agree with.)  Second, I love her defense of butter and am curious now to experiment with lard - although my husband would hate that.  Third, great photos, a necessity in the realm where you can't smell or taste the food. Finally, history and culture.  This really falls in line with Michael Polan's In Defense of Food, taking his points even further.


I should own this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment