Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pan de Muertos

Feliz Dia de los Muertos! 

In high school my favorite class was Spanish.  Probably because my teacher was great and used things like music and food to get us interested in class.  On a couple of occasions she asked us all to make a Spanish/Latin American dish to bring in for the class.

Someone in our class brought Dead Bread, or Pan de Muertos.  I'd like to say it was me and that I made it...but that probably is my literary take and far from the truth.

Pan de Muerto is a soft sweet orange bread.  It is something like challah bread meets brioche meets freshly sweet oranges.  It is so delicious! 

The basic recipe is here.  Check on it frequently and take it out a bit earlier - it is best when it is soft and moist!  Yumm!  You'll wish you'd celebrated every Dia de los Muertos!

No comments:

Post a Comment