Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Paul's Ossobucco - New Favorite!

I'm smiling just thinking about the delicious ossobucco my husband made for me last night.  It all started when I saw this delicious recipe I saw for Braised Short Ribs with Ancho-Chili Spiced Syrah Reduction that I saw last week.  Ahh..it looked so good and the sauce ancho-chili syrah - does that not sound AMAZING!  So after a few days of drooling I set out to get all the fixin's.  

I live in Israel right now, and don't speak Hebrew.  The meat counter/butcher is one of the more intimidating places to go.  So I did my research and found out what short ribs looks like and set off to the shi-shi grocery store which has the best meat.  And they didn't have any ribs.  Dang it.  I circled the store for about 20 minutes waiting for google translate to load on my phone, and then I confirmed for my self that they in fact had no ribs in the deli nor in the freeze. Dang it!  Okay...I'll just do another great meat with the sauce....that one please.
Another 20 minutes on the computer when I got home revealed that I was the proud owner of $22 worth of ossobucco (which isn't that much in Israel).  Ossobucco takes cooks for about 4 hours so we were not going to have that for dinner.  Luckily (well...kind of) Paul was sick the next day, freeing up his afternoon to make a delicious dinner!

The recipe I found at Eats Well With Others (such a creative name!) sold me.  " It is lemony and caper-y and you will squeal the entire day while it is cooking in your kitchen."  Ahhhhahaha! When I came home from work I opened the door, smelled the delicious ossobucco in the oven, and squealed like a giddy foodie! 

It tasted every bit as amazing as it smelled and sounded.  In fact, it was the best meal that I can remember.  This is the type of stuff that you order at a restaurant and then go back every chance possible.  The best part about having this delicious meal at home is that, when no one is looking, you can lick the plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment